Driverless cars, self check-out lanes, drones that deliver packages straight from the warehouses to customers – as the world moves to automated technologies and cutting edge solutions to most activities, can the cleaning industry be left far behind? At present this sector has seen large scale changes that have transformed traditional cleaning techniques into modern automated ones giving a fillip to its productivity levels.
Given here are some of the technological advancements made in this field.
- Automated cleaning machines – Automated cleaning machines can now clean floors, windows and extract dirt and dust from even the tiniest of cracks and crevices. Consider these possibilities – there is a robot that is being used in hospitals and clinics around the world that can disinfect more than 64 rooms a day. In Europe it is not uncommon to find public restrooms that are self cleaned by robotic arms and ultraviolet light. These can disinfect toilets continuously round the clock and are now gradually being introduced in some US cities too. In homes, cleaning robots automatically read the terrain, get over obstacles and scrupulously clean even the most hard to reach places, leaving the house squeaky clean.
- Automated janitorial services – Some sophisticated equipment and futuristic technologies are beyond the budget of most janitorial services but that has not stopped large corporations incorporating them in their cleaning budgets. Some like automatic scrubbers have made the most demanding cleaning tasks a lot easier. It has also helped reduce labour costs leading to savings in money which has largely been utilised by the cleaning industry to invest further in updating technologies and equipment.
Another area is the widespread use of Wi-Fi to control cleaning activities. Floor cleaning machines are fitted with this facility which reports automatically to managers on a large number of parameters. Data is uploaded to tracking authorities on cleaning done, productivity rates, maintenance needs and topping up of chemicals. The process of cleaning is thereby greatly optimised to give the best results and profits. Cleaning apps too are very popular today. Specialised janitorial software automates almost all activities from work scheduling to time tracking to renewal of contracts and even online project bidding.
- Home cleaning services – This sector has not seen large scale automation because of its limited scope of operations. Take the case of mattress cleaning. Traditional methods have given way to use of powerful hepa extraction techniques that completely remove dust mites, skin scales and larvae from mattresses. Effective solutions help thoroughly clean the surface of mattresses as well as dust embedded in fine lines created by fabric fold. For more information visit mattress Cleaner. Pet urine or vomit was difficult to clean in the past and invariably left stains on expensive carpets. Today special spinners and dryers can remove any stain on carpets and upholstery.
These are some of the technological marvels that have been introduced in the cleaning industry now.
In today’s fast paced world the goal of any person would be to get over any activity quickly and effectively more so if it is not directly linked to generating and increasing productivity in any sphere. Take the example of repair and maintenance of your car. You would definitely prefer a one stop shop that offers all car services under one roof instead of having to go from garage to garage for various works. Doing so would mean loss of time and money. Hence service stations that offer comprehensive services to their clients are definitely a cut above the others and are generally patronised by a large number of loyal customers.
Take the example of Western Auto Services, a well known and reputed service station in Melbourne, Australia, catering to clients in the city and suburbs. There is hardly any service related to a car that they do not offer. With trained technicians in their ranks and hi-tech diagnostic and repair tools to work with, the garage is certified and accredited by the authorities to offer such specialised services as issuing roadworthy certificates and LPG conversions.
So what are the primary services that are offered by a garage that has combined the business of auto detailing and auto services?
Auto detailing – This is an aspect that is linked exclusively to the aesthetics of a vehicle and does not include any repairs or maintenance work. There are two sides to it –
- Exterior detailing involves cleaning and restoring the exterior of the car to almost new dealer condition. The components that are focussed on include surface of the car paint with a glossy finish, windows, wheels, tyres and all chrome trim. Products used in the exterior detailing process are detergents, acid free degreasers, waxes, shines and polishes. These are applied to the car with brushers, applicators and towels.
- Interior detailing is deep cleaning of the interior cabin of the car. Traditionally, the materials used in the interiors of a car cabin are vinyl, leather and synthetic carpet upholstery, natural and carbon fibre composites and plastics. Due to this wide range the materials and the cleaning techniques too vary greatly. Vacuuming, steam cleaning, liquid and foam cleaners are broadly used and applied with soft brushes.
Typically, detailing does not include any corrective action that needs the car to be taken to a body shop for repairs, even though minor paint restoration is considered to be a part of the process.
Auto services – This is directly linked to repairs and maintenance and comprises of a large number of varied services. Some of the main ones are –
- Log Book Service – This should not be mixed with general servicing and check-ups as it is linked to maintaining the warranty of the vehicle. In Australia, contrary to popular belief, you do not have to take your car to your dealer for this work. Any certified garage is authorised to do it. Hence for log book service in Melbourne, you can take your car to an accredited service station in your locality who will undertake this job as per manufacturer’s specifications.
- Mechanical repairs – This includes all types of accident repairs and smash ups, general check-up and change of parts if required. Top garages have state of the art tools and equipment to diagnose problems as well as carry out repairs on automated or semi-automated equipment. The technicians are trained to handle cars of any make or model.
- Others – There are a host of other auto services offered by authorised garages such as air-conditioning services and regas, LPG conversions, package maintenance services and issuing roadworthy certificate after thorough evaluation of the vehicle.
One way to ensure that your car is always in the best of condition is to have it detailed, serviced or repaired from top of the line service stations only.
What exactly are effective management strategies for businesses? Is it related to sales, to marketing, to HR, to general administration? Basically, it is a combination of individual tasks that can together lead to overall growth and development of an organisation and helps meet targeted goals and objectives. Any plan or approach that can add value to the business both in the short and long term is good management strategy, regardless of whether it is related to operational angles per se or even staff behavioural patterns.
Management strategies are constantly evolving to be in tune with the needs of the global economy. Methodologies that were relevant even a few years back are today on their way out, being replaced by ones that are more capable of keeping businesses ahead in a severely competitive environment. Plans that relied more on traditional publicity through the printed media are going the social media route such as Facebook for creating greater brand awareness. Business development functions are now more technical and IT based with data analytics monitoring growth factors almost on a real time basis.
Here are some effective business strategies that have been tried and tested successfully by companies and businesses all over the world.
- Recruiting the right people – A business is run by its employees so every company has to have an optimised recruitment policy in place. Here the role of HR executives becomes very crucial. The trick is to anticipate future requirements of a growing company and start the recruitment process well in time – not too early to make new recruits redundant and not so late that work will be pending. HR managers should employ modern recruitment techniques and scan social media platforms like LinkedIn to get the right person with matching profiles, qualifications and experience.
- Focus on the digital environment – It is absolutely mandatory for all business to create strategies keeping the prevailing digital environment in mind. Businesses that are not highly visible online cannot keep up with their competitors who do. Today, most people search for products and services from tablets, smart phones or laptops instead of walking down to the local brick and mortar store. Thus having a user-friendly and highly attractive informative business web site is crucial. Get the best web designers and developers create a site that ranks high on results pages of major search engines. Have the site with a lot of graphics, infographics and videos for better response from visitors. Ideas can be had by contacting Jarrod Carland of Studio Jack, one of the top graphic designers in Australia and internationally renowned in this field.
- Optimised customer service – More important than introducing products and services randomly in the market is to keep an ear to the ground and evaluate customer needs. Understand what the client wants in terms of service and products and especially pricing; if he fails to get what he wants, the switch to competitors will be immediate. Hence, businesses should interact with clients and tap new markets with regular updates on the company’s new product line, updates and offerings. Twitter is an effective platform to get all such messages across. Maximised customer service and satisfaction should be the primary focus of every business.
- Stay on top with innovation – All things being equal, it is being innovative with path-breaking ideas that takes a business in front of others in the field. Think out of the box and have a product range that is unique and exclusive with features that nobody else is offering. Being innovative should not merely be restricted to product launches only; it should touch every sphere of business including sales and marketing, workflows and optimising all other operational aspects.
These are some of the areas that can be focussed on for devising effective marketing strategies. However it has be remembered that the success of any plan or approach depends on the unique characteristics of that particular industry.